Have you ever been in a situation you didn’t have a answer to? Time was running out and there wasn’t any excuse that would make the situation better or right?
If you haven’t, you might not be human Lets see if any of these ring a bell…
You just remembered you have a 10 page paper due in two days and it will be the difference between passing and failing . Your girlfriend tells you, she is pregnant. You must find a better job to support them. You just got fired from your job and the mortgage is due. The kids are expecting Christmas gifts, but between you and your wife the funds ares low.
Those are just a few situations we get into as people, but some how, in some magical way, we made it through.
I would assume so, if you are reading this post….
I believe the pressure to survive takes over our mind and body then places us in a unbreakable state of FOCUS. Life gives us the goal and we strive to succeed to see another minute, hour, day, month or year.
Here is my ah-ha moment…
Imagine we placed ourselves under pressure ON PURPOSE. We set a GOAL that no excuse can stop us from attaining. With sheer FOCUS as if our lives depended on it, we exceed that goal.
In January of 2012 I was 240 lbs, fat and out of shape. I was unhappy with my appearance and I told myself I must make a change; not tomorrow or next week, but NOW.
I tried to tell myself, I don’t have the time with school, work and all the above, but I was so uncomfortable, I immediately found an online trainer and got started.
Here is how I placed myself under pressure and lost 35 lbs in 4 months…
1. Set a Specific Goal - I repeated to myself, “I am 220lbs” (Today I am 205lbs). Know exactly what you want. You may want to be a certain weight, make a certain amount of money or perform a certain task. Write it down and be clear about it.
2. Decide to do Something Crrrrazy! (Ger Under Pressure)- I joined a contest, I took before and after pics and sent them in. Now, the pressure was on. I was in a contest I wasn’t sure I could win, but I was damn sure going to try. I had a group of people watching my process and cheering me on. Decide to open that business, try a new strategy, speak to that girl/guy you think is cute. Do something you have never done before and will make you uncomfortable.
3. Find a Coach - I found someone with the results I wanted and asked them “what do I need to do?”. Make sure it is a paid service because no one wants to waste their money, at least I didn’t. I had to get results because my money was on the line. Coaches will keep you accountable for your goals and pull your card when your mumbling those excuses.
4. Take Small Daily Steps - I decided to get less sleep, but just enough to stay healthy. I woke up at 4am for a bodybuilder’s breakfast then off to the gym. Going early would not interfere with my current schedule. Add steps to your day where time is wasted. Watch less TV, get up earlier or utilize your breaks at work.
5. Don’t Quit - There were weeks I wasn’t dropping weight or putting up more iron, but I kept coming, with my heart and eyes on my goal. In life and/or business there will be set backs, but you have to keep charging forward and following your daily steps. One day when you’re beat up and tired you’re going to look up and say I DID IT!
I will take these steps and apply them to any aspect of my life. If they worked for Mike, a lazy movie watching nut, LOL. They can work for me. I’m going to lay on the pressure and find my inner diamond.
Comment, Share, Sign up
PS: Read about these two, once homeless guys who made a decision to no longer live with lack and now earn over 32,000 per month online. Here